A family of four fell ill after consuming a birthday cake which was allegedly poisoned in Ayinapur village in Siddipet district of Telanagana on Thursday. Two of the family members lost their lives.
According to the Komaravelli police, the family members were taken to a hospital in Siddipet where Ram Charan (9) was brought dead while Ravi (39) died during the treatment.
The other two family members, Bhagya and Poojitha are undergoing treatment in the hospital.
The incident was followed by a turn of events where the deceased identified as Ram Charan (9) asked his uncle Srinivas to buy him a birthday cake.