We will only use your personal data when permitted by law. We will commonly use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where the processing is necessary in connection with the performance of any contract we have entered into with you or where it is necessary for taking steps at your request prior to entering a contract.
- Where the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), and such legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms. Legitimate Interest means our interest in managing and conducting our business.
- Where the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where you have provided your consent for such processing.
Purposes for Which We Use Your Personal Data
Below is a description of the ways we intend to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate:
- To respond to your request that we will contact you or demonstrate Cobwebs’ services to you. We do so where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to promote a business relationship with you, pursuant to your request).
- To manage our relationship with you, including by notifying you about changes to our terms or Privacy Notice. We do so for the performance of a contract with you, if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or if it is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- To enter into a contract or to perform a contract with you.
- To deliver relevant advertisements, marketing and other content to you, including via email, and to measure or understand the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. We do so where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy); or where we have obtained your prior consent.
- To use data analytics to improve our Website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences. We do so where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our Website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
- To consider your application for career opportunities at Cobwebs. We do so where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (recruitment of personnel and handling career applications) and to take steps prior to entering a contract with you.
- In the event of a legal dispute between you (and / or a party on your behalf) to us (and / or a party on our behalf), to the extent necessary in connection with handling such dispute. We do so where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (to defend and enforce our legal rights).
- Where it is necessary for compliance with applicable law.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider there is a need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
We may use your Identity, Contact and Usage Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (“Marketing Communications“).
You will receive Marketing Communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving Marketing Communications.
If you wish to stop receiving Marketing Communications from us, you may ask us to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by following the opt-out link on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us.
When you visit our Website, we may place cookies onto your device, or read cookies already on your device, subject to your consent where required by applicable law. For further details, please see our Cookies Policy.
This Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or interacting with such content may allow your data to be shared with the relevant third-party. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements; we therefore recommend that you read the privacy notice of every website you visit.